Re: (ET) Strange Alltrax behavior

Have you connected to a laptop? I haven’t done mine in about 12 years.
Wondering if the read out from that would indicate the problem.

Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Strange Alltrax behavior

On 15 Aug 2019 at 13:49, Steve Gaarder wrote:

> Still no light and no nuthin.  What's left besides a dead controller?

That sounds like bad news to me.

If you're sure that both traction and logic power are getting to the
controller (and make sure they are), then most likely its logic has broken
down (kind of like logic in general around the world these days).

Lots of folks have fitted ETs with Curtis controllers.  However, if I were
replacing my Alltrax today, I'd probably try a 4QD.

Despite their name, 4QD controllers are not all 4-quadrant type.  They're
designed for PM motors, which IMO makes them more appropriate for our
separately excited motors than Curtis's series motor controllers.  But I'm
not a EE ...

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me.  To send