(ET) Tractor woes

Hello everyone. New to this email list. Having troubles with my tractor.

A couple of weeks ago went out to mow and nothing, no forward, no reverse, some clicking (small 2A contactor). Had just mowed day before and it had been mowing for well over a month prior to this with no issues. The things I notice? The key switch passes it's test across the terminals, but once it is turned on, things test wacky with voltage doing pretty much the opposite than it should...voltage up with key off. When key is turned on, it drops to nothing. Isolated the main wire to the relay (2RTN) and when the key is off it reads 34 V and when on, zero.

Installed new RTN's today. They look beautiful and are working as they should however, it did not fix the problem. We are still getting voltage at the fuel gauge when the key is off. We did see a change with the new RTN's in that the voltage on the fuel gauge doesn't drop when key is turned on. Looking at the schematics in Simplified Troubleshooting- it seems negative current is being drawn up into the fuel gauge when it shouldn't be, activating it when the key is off. We tested the motor and field and got the following= Test 19-Wires 62 and 22 Plug 3. Get around 16 volts at all speeds. All of the remaining tests-20-24, we get nothing. We had the key on for awhile and noticed that the small 2a contactor got hot which is the main one that clicks when the key is turned on. FYI-I have the new single contactors replacing the double pole and a Curtis controller also. I have continuity between the armature studs. Mystified. PTO works good.