Re: (ET) Why does our mower mulch better in reverse?

I installed mulching blades for one customer and he said it made one hell of a mess.  Maybe custom baffles + the blades would work better.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

------ Original message------
From: Tim Maxwell
Date: Thu, May 23, 2019 1:18 PM
To: Elec-Trak Tractor;
Subject:Re: (ET) Why does our mower mulch better in reverse?

To my knowledge, GE never offered a mulching kit. The decks could be configured for side discharge (baffle mounted toward the rear/tractor edge of the deck with a chute on the side) or rear discharge (baffle mounted toward the leading edge of the deck and a plate in place of the chute). In rear discharge configuration, the deck does mulch some in reverse but was designed to discharge the clippings in a wide path under the tractor (less windrowing than side discharge).
A hybrid configuration of side discharge baffle (rear and side discharge baffles are NOT the same) and rear discharge block-off plate would force the deck to do more mulching. However, I would expect poor performance and a greater strain on the deck motors.

Tim M