Re: (ET) 12M swivel ends for deck arms

Jim - you are right - I was thinking front mount mower.  However to repair mid mount arms I've cut off the broken thread stubs and drilled and tapped them and used all thread.  I've bought those heavy duty rod end from McMaster for them as well.  Chad Bush said he has lots of mid mount arms if you need replacements.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

------ Original message------
From: Jim Coate
Date: Mon, May 20, 2019 8:46 AM
Subject:Re: (ET) 12M swivel ends for deck arms

Thon - you are talking about the ball ends for the "L" shaped arms that hold up the mid-mount decks? I have the OEM style ends here:https://freerangeelectric.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=77The McMaster link goes to 1,239 products but yeah, they probably have something that fits if go through the dimensions. However I'm not sure stronger is needed - the failures I've seen are all from rust/lack of lubrication. It's a good idea to squirt some oil in those ball ends every spring or three.Jeff - I don't understand your comment as getting a long enough bolt would be difficult and bending a grade 8 bolt at 90 degrees a real challenge. However you mentioned E20 - perhaps you are talking about the rods in the steering system? Different type of ball end that has a stud sticking out, also under that McMaster link. Pair those with a straight length of grade 8 bolt and yes, would indeed have a nice steering system repair.On 05/19/2019 10:28 pm, tb wrote:> I need to replace a swivel arm, or two, on a couple of my deck arms.> These look considerably stronger than stock.  Anyone tried them?  Know> if they work?> > https://www.mcmaster.com/ball-joints> > Thanks.> > Thon-- Jim Coatewww.FreeRangeElectric.comHome of The Electric Tractor Store_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailing listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhttps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak