(ET) Busy day with decks

Today I spent the day cutting the parts off my old deck to put on the new shell. As we remember, my E20 went freewheeling down my driveway and into a half cord of stacked wood deck first. My very old first generation deck, rusted and kind of worn out anyway died for my sins.

Most of the old bolts were fused, and getting them off involved liberal use of my cutting wheel. However everything is now off and the new deck is about half way assembled with new stainless steel nuts and bolts. We'll see once I get the middle motor checked out how it works.

And the E20 itself is still dead in the water: I'm going to put my constant voltage power supply on it for a day or two to charge the batteries to 43 volts, then decide what to do. A good idea was to just get a 30a bridge rectifier and screw it onto the heat sink. Think I'll buy one for the short term.