(ET) Alternate chargers again

So my charger is insane. I'm guessing bad diodes (again) as the charger is only drawing about 2a from the 110v outlet. Disconnecting the capacitor drops that to <1a with a 20% PF so I think the cap is working.

Before I pull the charger (again) and replace the diodes (again) what options are there for a good onboard charger? The only NiCD/NiMH one I can find is a 1.5a charger which will take about 45 hours to charge the pack.

BB600 NiCDs, charge to about 44 volts with the timer to keep things from melting.