(ET) High Current Intelligent Charger

Disclosure:  I am a distributor for Soneil battery chargers.

Over the years, some on this list have been asking about higher charge rate intelligent (plug and forget) chargers.

A little over a year ago, I got a Soneil 3640SR charger for one of my ETs (along with lovely sealed golf-car batteries for both operating tractors). It's been a good winter (lots of work) for testing batteries and charger, and all are performing wonderfully.

I connect my chargers via the 'accessory port' on the tractors. That way, if you want to move a high-capacity charger between multiple tractors, it's easy to do.

The Soneil 3640SR delivers a maximum current of 20 amps in the bulk stage. I have placed mine on top of the cage for the original charger, and the hood still closes easily. (My ETs live outdoors.)

I have one 3640SR left in stock. Lead time on new stock is now going to be about 4 months as the OEM is also out of stock. I may go with the 3650SR (25 amps) in my next order. (Feel free to try to influence my decision.)

Spec sheet for the 3640SR can be found at:

https://www.econogics.com/Soneil/Spec_36V_20A-3640SR_Soneil_Charger.pdf

So, if you are looking for a straight up replacement for the original ET charger with full warranty at a friendly price, contact me off-list.

--
Darryl McMahon
Freelance Project Manager (sustainable systems)