(ET) Disconnect maintenance on BB600 Elec-trak

This weekend I couldn't work on my car (need parts) so instead I turned to the Elec-trak. As discussed the main disconnect (new style) was getting hot on one of the studs so I figured I'd get to work.

First step was to disconnect the batteries. There are 30 nickel plated interconnects in each battery string, so I needed to remove one from each series string (3 strings of 30 cells in the main tractor). Each string had a dirty/discolored one, so I removed that, polished it up, and put them aside.

With that out of the way I could work on the disconnect. Sure enough the lugs were dirty and needed a good cleaning. Cleaned up the three lines (I guess charger, voltage sensor, and main tractor), and put it back in with a very tight torque down on the bolt. Since the lock washer was also discolored I dispensed with it and just tightened the brass bolt hard.

Then cleaned up the battery posts, pulled a few cells to clean them up on the grinder/wire brush, then reassembled everything. Tractor runs, voltage indicator does not drop as much, will see how it handles in the next snow.

Come spring I may do a cleaning of the battery tops, there's a lot of crud in there. I don't want to take off the interconnects, if the nickel plating wears off the copper underneath will go quickly.

Speaking of which, I have a lot of interconnects that need re-plating. Where can one go to get things nickel plated?

Chris