Re: (ET) Front lift strap keeps breaking

Roller sleeves both turn nicely under finger pressure when no strap in place.

Not sure how to assess quality of lift straps. The one I was using was rated to lift 700 pounds, while the others on the nearby shelves showed numbers from 200 to 400 pounds. In past experience with the plow, price is no indicator of quality or life expectancy.

However, the break is about as clean as a fabric belt can be. Guessing it tore at roughly the top roller. No sign of wear or fraying at the edges adjacent to the break line.

I have acquired and installed a lift strap rated for 3,000 pounds breaking strength now, so here's hoping it does the job for a long time to come.

Darryl