Re: (ET) Cut wires, still haunted.

So today's task was to pull the left side 1f/1r contactors and see what's up. Getting the double contactors out is a pain, but I knew I had to do this for years so out came the wrenches, off went the disconnect, and I took the thing apart. To remember wires, I put blue electrical tape on any right side wires for the contactors and the coils. This way I won't blow everything up in fun and unusual ways.

With the old contactor out I put it on the bench to take a look. The 1R contactor (bottom) was isolated from the body and the poles, however the top contactor shows a 1k resistance between the poles and the coil. Which means the coil *could* be receiving enough power though this leak to hold it and the 2F coil in. That could be why the tractor runs for awhile sometimes, then drops out. It would also explain the reverse insanity, as going from reverse to zero would cause a brief power spike from the motor which could close the contactor in run forward, then hold it through the leak.

What a pain. Tomorrow I might have enough time to put the replacement contactor in and see if it works....