(ET) Cut wires, still haunted.

Ok, so in trying to figure this out I put the tractor in speed 1 reverse, released the pedal (which always puts it into forward 1 as the contactors are closed) and tried cutting the diodes on card 4.

Still does it. No change, every time. It only seldom locks in when in forward, but always reverse.

Hm. I literally UNPLUGGED the foot pedal connector while the motor was running, still runs. So it's not the switches, the CC circuitry, something else is backfeeding the contactors.

One thing I did notice is sometimes it will run faster and slower (motor is in neutral). And the voltage on the contactors is only 21 volts or so. So maybe the fields of the 1r,2r contactors are shorted to ground or something inside the contactors. Problem is it would have to be a 1F/1R *pair* that was shorted, as it switches from reverse to forward every time so it's locking in both in forward and reverse. Or maybe not, maybe it's dropping the reverse but the forward is engaged and locks in once reverse drops out. I don't know....

I'd been meaning to replace them anyway, but man that is a pain in the REAR. Guess I better get some wrenches and get a wrenching....