Re: (ET) E12M fuel level gauge acting weird

          There is a SMALL carbon resistor inside of those that may have increased in value. Can you blow the needle to full scale, to rule out a mechanical issue ?

RJ

On 8/20/2018 3:48 PM, Kelly Williams via Elec-trak wrote:
Thanks very much for those thoughts.  I pulled out the meter and jumped it directly to the battery pack.  Same result...  I guess the meter is fried.  And it looks like "No User Serviceable Parts Inside."

On Monday, August 20, 2018, 3:09:36 PM EDT, jlantonucci comcast net <jlantonucci comcast net> wrote:

Start by replacing the fuse holders.  They corrode really bad and cause all sorts of issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

------ Original message------
From: Kelly Williams via Elec-trak
Date: Mon, Aug 20, 2018 1:15 PM
Subject:(ET) E12M fuel level gauge acting weird

Hi all,

I'm trying to recommission an E12M that I left idle for 10 or 12 years.  I put fresh batteries in, and have 37.8V across the pack.  The deck spins up nice and strong, and the traction motor sounds strong too.  But the fuel level gauge needle only moves about 1/8" off of its disconnected position.  It doesn't even reach the red zone.  The gauge moves, but just not very far.  What could be up with that?

Thanks,

Kelly
Mount Joy, PA