Re: (ET) [NEEAA] looking for someone to help with snowblower "reconversion"

You could try a decent auto restoration place, it is common to heat up shafts and 'spray' molten metal on worn surfaces then machine/grind them back to spec. I've no idea if that is practical in the case of your rotor, but have seen it done on engine parts such as camshafts.

On 18-05-26 02:51 PM, Ken Olum wrote:
    From: "George J Gillin Jr ggillin sbcglobal net [NEEAA]" <NEEAA
yahoogroups com>
    Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 13:11:13 +0000 (UTC)

    Perhaps you would like to consider rebuilding the one you have.

I took it to two electric motor shops.  The first one (Hancock in
Quincy) straightout refused to rebuild it.  Delta in Medford said they'd
try if I wanted, but it would be $1000 and they could not guarantee
success.  That was essentially building a new rotor from scratch.  We
discuss the idea of building up the existing shaft where the bearing
should sit, but they were not willing to attempt it.  As far as I could
tell, the guy there knew what he was talking about.

                                         Ken