Re: (ET) current ratings for contactors? 50A enough for PTO?

It's a six bolt contactor, wired as SPDT I guess.  It works just like the open frame type PTO to provide mower blade braking.

The last generation of E20s and I5s came from the factory with three six bolt contactors (F, R, PTO) and two four bolt (1A & 2A).  All of them are metal can type.

--Charlie

On Jun 19, 2017 7:39 PM, "jmurray1232 rochester rr com" <jmurray1232 rochester rr com> wrote:
If it really is a canister type, then what are you using as a break?

Sent from my Verizon HTC Smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Charlie" <medievalist gmail com>
Cc: "Elec-Trak Tractor" <elec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.edu>
Subject: (ET) current ratings for contactors? 50A enough for PTO?
Date: Mon, Jun 19, 2017 1:28 PM

The PTO contactor in my late model I-5 is one of the metal can types, not the open frame copper job.

As far as I can tell, this is OEM but it's only a 50 Amp contactor, and I seem to recall folks on this list saying tools on the tractor can pull more than double that current.

Does anyone know what the actual current spec was on the original PTOs?

I have searched the tufts archive and a couple of the ET websites and haven't found anything about the original rating, but I do see people talking about snowblowers pulling 105 amps and more.

Thanks,
--Charlie