Re: (ET) E-15 not getting out of first speed

Larry, this reminds me of something that you might find interesting.
Several years ago the video card in my laptop failed. When this happens,
it's usually because of cracks in solder joints due to heat stress from
the card getting very hot when in use, then cooling down. On a video card
there are way too many solder joints (and way too small) for me to fix by
hand - especially since any cracks would be too small to see. So I instead
put the video card in an old toaster oven and heated it up to about 385 F
(after removing heat sinks) to remelt the solder. It's been working fine
ever since. Not sure I want to try that with card #1.... :)

It sure would be nice if card #1 had the solder lines facing the way
that's easy to access, so you don't have to remove the entire thing from
the tractor to do any work on it. It would also be nice if it were held in
by screws instead of rivets....

Mike

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department