Re: (ET) Drat, E15 card 1 down

You still have a RadioShack® ? The closest one that's SUPPOSED to be open is over an hour away. :(

YJ

On 7/11/2016 9:46 PM, Christopher Zach wrote:
Well, all fixed. I went to Radio Shack, bought a 100uf 50v electolytic capacitor to replace the 20uf, pulled the old part off the board, put the new one on, put the tractor together and everything works.

Quickly turning the key off and on while in speed 3 causes the tractor to drop out, so the cap discharges quickly enough that it won't hold the SCR in place. Actually as soon as you go into speed 1 anyway the cap discharges, it just needs to stay on for a second to get the SCR ON. Once on the SCR holds in, and if power is interrupted it drops out until throttle is back to 0 (which charges the cap).

No biggie, back to work :-)