Re: (ET) re-installing mower motor clutch body

 Mike,
 Rust is usually what is holding these on. After you get the rust off of
the shaft and out of the clutch body it should be a slip fit, at worst a
very light tap fit.

On May 31, 2016 at 9:31am -0400, "Briggs, Michael" <Michael Briggs unh
edu> wrote:

>Getting the clutch body off of those mower motors is a pain. Now I'm
>wondering what method people generally use for re-installing them. The
>instructions I've seen I think just say to reinstall everything in the
>reverse order. The clutch body is just held on by friction, so it seems
>like there are two main approaches - pounding (and putting something like
>a block of wood over the flange to distribute the force) or pressing. I'm
>guessing the latter would be the preferred method, to prevent damage? If
>so, what kind of press do people generally use?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

>Michael S. Briggs, PhD
>UNH Physics Department
>(603) 862-2828

Sent without a computer from my MailBug email machine.
landel.com, 1-855-MAILBUG, getmailbuginfo landel com