Re: (ET) welding a ring onto deck motor

I’m a JB Weld fan also. The slow cure it is twice as strong. Also I would
slide another ring up from the blade side with no JB weld . The rings were
intended to reinforce from the bottom. I haven’t actually tried this so I
don’t know how hard the material is but maybe you could drill and blind
tap the case for attaching the top ring as well as use JB weld . Just a
few of 3/16’’ or 1/4'’ screws would give some extra shear strength . I
would also be afraid to get too much heat around the magnet bond. I have
and junk case and time, maybe I will make removing the old ring and
tapping a hole todays amusement.
Kimball