Re: (ET) FRont Steering bearing replacement

The front pillow block bearing can be slid out the front without removing the shaft. I've done a few that way. Removing the moon gear and shaft is not easy.

Nick

-----Original Message----- From: stevesgroups verizon net
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:55 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) FRont Steering bearing replacement

I got my snowblower working better; the belt was pretty loose. I noticed that my steering was getting pretty sloppy though so I pulled it into the barn to take a look. The front bearing of my E20 is held in by a stamped pillow block which had fallen apart. So I'm following the directions to pull the gear and sector assembly that the bearing is mounted to. I cannot get the assembly out. I can get the rear of the shaft to come out of the rear bracket but then the rear bracket is caught under the teeth of the sector gear which prevents the sector assembly from coming down or the rear bracket from being pulled up and out.

Is there some trick to this?

SteveS