From: Christopher Zach

Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2015 5:13 PM

To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu;

Subject:(ET) Weird charger failure

So the old charger on my E15 (wreck-trak) stopped working this summer, and this fall I figured I would check it.Symptom was no charging, 110 on primary, transformer was very hot after being on all night.Power to 36 volt molex line into charger: Check and ok.Voltage across diodes: .6 volts, checkVoltage across secondary BOOM shorted a diode by mistake.Raw AC from secondary: 8-10 volts or so. Odd.So on a lark (and since I blew a diode) I replaced both diodes, cleaned up the connectors, and tried it this evening.Fail. No charging at all.Did I actually have the transformer fail? What kind of voltage AC should I see between the transformer secondary poles and what DC should I see on output with the charger disconnected from the pack?Drat.C_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailing listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhttps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak