(ET) Snow thrower motor questions

So I'm working out how to adapt my ET snow thrower motor to run the 2-stage blower I bought. My motor has been off the original snow thrower for a long time so I have a couple of questions:

1. I figured out the motor rotation from how it runs on the ET, but I notice the brushes slant into the direction of rotation, right? I guess it makes sense as it forces the brushes down onto the commutator.

2. How is the motor wired? I found a few pictures, but nothing clear enough. I don't see any snow thrower wiring diagrams in any manuals I have. I have nothing connected to any terminals right now - so I need pretty detailed wiring instructions.

-SteveS