(ET) E20: Better-ish but still weird

So more work on the E20 today, specifically trying to figure out what's going on. It continues to be more weird, with the diode in the reverse light comes on all the time. I'm wondering if maybe the reverse switch has one of its' toggles stuck in reverse or something. That could do it.

The reason speed 5 wasn't coming in was because diode CR412 was blown and open. That kind of makes sense, without it the 36 wire from card 4 going to the top of the field would never have had power. Which means I have been driving in speeds 1,2,3,5,5 all this time. Hm, no wonder the tractor would bog down going up a hill with the blower; I had the tractor running constantly with R4 in series with the field.

Oh well, live and learn. Now in speed 4 I get what felt like more stable speeds going around with CC on, however when I kick in speed 5 the CC relay stays sealed in (it does not drop out). Unless it's picking up the ground from R4 to ground, which is still enough to keep it from tripping out. In which case CC might be terminated by speed 6 or 7 which are not coming in because my FW circuit is still broken.

Hm. I think tomorrow I will try disabling the FW lockout coil to see if speeds 6,7,8 drop out the CC. And I'll try to figure out this reverse thing, what's making me wonder right now is does the tractor think it's in reverse somehow from a FW sense all the time, and that is the reason why the reverse light comes on *and* the FW relay is bypassing the resistors? Hm...

Chris