Re: (ET) Tractor back up, now to figure out the high speeds....

On 6/14/2015 5:22 PM, jlantonucci comcast net wrote:
What tractor again?  I seem to recall I had to replace a transistor on
card 4 on the I5 to get the higher speeds.  I think it was Nick that
figured it out for me.  Its been a few years though.

E20AA with the old style card 4. It's kind of a weird duck: There is a little side board with 3 wires including CR6 and that R8 resistor. I pulled the diode on that, replaced it with a new one, and now the reversing light under the forward/reverse switch is on all the time....

Great.

Looking at the board I have blown the connections for 19 and 17 (the main field power) so often I had to hard-wire the wires in with connectors. Maybe they are backwards, will try building a quick pair of reversing wires here or something. All the diodes on card 4 seem to check out (.5 volt drop in the conducting direction, about right).

Weird weird.