Re: (ET) Tractor back up, now to figure out the high speeds....

There are three armature limiters in the Penthouse, correct?

RJ

On 6/14/2015 4:49 PM, CZ wrote:
Putting in the new old style relay from Jim's store fixed the problem. Now the accessory works right every time and follows the proper rules. The new/rebuilt open frame relays look exactly like perfect looking versions of what is in the tractor, happy I am.

Now for the fun part: My card 4 is a wreck, I know this and I know that the tractor won't do speeds 6,7,8 because the FW relay is always in when running. Probably a shorted transistor. But speed 5 isn't working and I am not quite sure why.

Speeds 1-4 are fine, as is cruise control. However when I went to speed 5 I got nothing along with 6,7,8. Odd since speed 5 is independent of tractor fw shutdown. I know the micro switch is working because I can shut down cruise control by going to 5 on the pedal. So that works.

What could it be? It's possible that R4 is shorted or something, or that it is always in circuit and my field is running low all the time (that could explain a bit about the speed variations). But then why would CC shut down when I went past speed 4 into 5 if the switch was not working?

Weird.