Re: (ET) Transaxle

                 The long & short of it is....................You will have to open it up and see. :)
The thrust plates the Peerless used between the rotating parts and the case are brittle.
                 That, combined with the excessive end play these units left the factory with sets the stage for this event.
                 The bad news is, if those pieces went between gear teeth, it's going to get ugly.
Sometimes a shift fork end will break off, with much the same results.
                 Open it up, take pictures and go from there.      I have a gaggle of parts that will need the rust cleaned off them.

                   Keep us posted,and ask lots of questions.

RJ