Re: (ET) Deck better, not perfect :-)

I think you will find the blocking plate will stiffen t he deck more than
a bar. You see the bar creates a parallelogram that allows flexing (think
of an open ended box). but the blocking plate acts as a shear panel which
cannot flex sideways.   Probably will stop the crack from progressing for
the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPad