(ET) Deck better, not perfect :-)

So this afternoon I got out the MAPP gas, torch, and some steel bar to build a nice little reinforcing bar for the mower deck. It goes from the front where the wheel is to the back bolt hole behind the chute discharge and has resulted in a re-aligned deck.

It's good, not perfect. I ground down the top welds so the deck top is nice and proper, however the side break in the deck is still there. Drat. I'll probably shape and fabricate a sheet metal patch for that area next spring, but it should hold through 2014.

Next up is to get a new blocking plate and put it in. The blocking plate will provide some vertical stiffening, but the bar will provide most of the strength.