Re: (ET) Controllers

 They began using the permanent magnet motors on the E12JA which was
probably late '72 or early '73.
 Both the wound field version and the permanent magnet version used a
centrifugal switch which was meant to keep 2A contactor form pulling in
until the motor reached a certain RPM, preventing "Jack-Rabbit starts"

On June 17, 2014 at 7:57am -0400, you wrote:

>On 6/17/2014 6:29 AM, Harold Zimmerman-Clean Power Supply wrote:
>>   You're probably thinking of the E12S. It was pretty much electrically
>> identical to the early E15 except for the fact that they left the field
>> weakening components off of Card # 1, therefore it only has 3 forward
>> speeds. To give us a bit of a better grasp:
>>   First production model by GE was E15 with Card #1 - Early (Jan?) 1970
>>   Second production model was E12S with Card #1 - Approx. Sept. 1970
>> (Last batch of these approx. April 1971)
>>   Third production model was E20 with Card #4 - Approx. April 1971
>>   Fourth Production model was E12 WITH NO Transistorized cards -
>> Approx. June 1971
>
>Oh Ok, so they built a pile of E15's, then E12S's, then redesigned the
>controller system to use complete contactor control for the E20's and
>later model E12's. In other words I had it backwards.
>
>When did they switch the E12 from a field shunt wound motor to a PM
>motor? And did they always have that weird little clutching switch on
>the E12?
>
>Chris

Sent without a computer from my MailBug email machine.
landel.com, 1-855-MAILBUG, getmailbuginfo landel com