(ET) 2014 Gathering Update

The sad news is that going back into my email from early April, I counted 39 regrets from collectors and ex- GE alumni.  Since my last post, I have received another 12 with just a handful of folks being able to make it this year.  Roughly half had other family plans that week in June, the other half just let me know they were not going to be able to attend.  Unfortunately, that's a lot of guests even only counting 2 guest per regret.

Encouraging news is I have been in contact with Bruce, he is in the middle of selling his last remaining business and it is a busy time for him but he also said like many of the other local GE guys in the area, they would be willing to attend a less grand event, something like a bring your own picnic gathering in the area.  It's a long way to go from Tennessee for just a few hours so I won't be attending but will be glad to pass on the list of interested folks to anyone still interested in getting together.

I think the recession is still lingering in the collectors world, we have all seen that sales of tractors are down as is activity on the web boards for a while, hopefully it is starting to pick-up and next year we can try again.

Email me those of your still interested in making the pilgrimage to "Graceland" and willing to pull the others together.  Hope some can still get together.  I know I miss my "peeps" and was really looking forward to seeing your faces again.

Warm regards all the same,

Geo