Re: (ET) Controllers

 You're probably thinking of the E12S. It was pretty much electrically
identical to the early E15 except for the fact that they left the field
weakening components off of Card # 1, therefore it only has 3 forward
speeds. To give us a bit of a better grasp:
 First production model by GE was E15 with Card #1 - Early (Jan?) 1970
 Second production model was E12S with Card #1 - Approx. Sept. 1970 (Last
batch of these approx. April 1971)
 Third production model was E20 with Card #4 - Approx. April 1971
 Fourth Production model was E12 WITH NO Transistorized cards - Approx.
June 1971

 The timeline could go on and on but I'll leave it with that. It does
show, however, that the E12 with electronics (E12S) was produced before
the E12 with more conventional control and production didn't overlap.

On June 16, 2014 at 10:41pm -0400, you wrote:

>On 6/16/2014 9:38 PM, Harold Zimmerman-Clean Power Supply wrote:
>>   Actually, the E15 was first. They appear to have started being built
>> in Jan. of 1970 and the first E20 didn't come out until a year or so
>> later.
>>   Larry Chace could probably jump in here with some better dates off of
>> his compilation of serial numbers.
>
>Fair enough, however why would they build E12's with electronic and
>manual speed controls? Oddly enough that seems regressive.

Sent without a computer from my MailBug email machine.
landel.com, 1-855-MAILBUG, getmailbuginfo landel com