Re: (ET) 4QD Pro 120 controller

On 6/13/2014 5:54 PM, Charlie wrote:
Hey, you don't have to be a luddite to appreciate the later Elec-trak
electronics!  The late model E-20, I-5, and Wheel Horses have a simple,
elegant and durable design.

Now, if you'd rather have the early E-15 wiring than a modern
controller, that's another story entirely...   I don't think any of
those early transistor cards lasted much past 10 years, did they?

Actually the E15 card is not the problem; the SCRs are fine and the capacitors seem to work as well. The only problem I have had with electronics is the field diodes on the E20's, those are an easy replacement on the board.

The problem is the E15's moronic use of a relay to switch the field, and the edge connectors. Aside from that they will run probably forever.