Re: (ET) tractor no worky

I think the reply I just sent was accidentally not sent to the whole list. I fixed my problem - it was just a loose connection at the controls fuse. Woohoo!

Mike

"bushman165s aol com" <bushman165s aol com> [Wed 21 May 2014 10:55:38 PM EDT]:

Mike,

Have you checked your fuse holder? When you turn the key switch to On, I'd the fuel gauge meter drops at all, I would replace it. Also, I would clean all of those connections and maybe even squeeze the clamps a bit with pliers. Seems like a weak connection somewhere.

Chad

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Android-Powered Device

----- Reply message -----
From: "Michael S Briggs" <msbriggs unh edu>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: (ET) tractor no worky
Date: Wed, May 21, 2014 2:14 pm

I just replaced my batteries in my E15, since I was down to about 15-20
minutes of mowing time. With the new batteries, I pushed the speed lever
forward, and just got a bunch of clicking. I checked the forward/reverse
relay, and it looks like it's blown - so I replaced it with another (I
have lots of those onhand). Now, when I move the speed switch to the left
to put it in reverse, the new relay just makes a constant clicking - as if
it's rapidly switching back and forth or something. When I try to get the
tractor to move (forward or reverse), I still just get that clicking, and
no motion.
        Any ideas?
        On a related note - is the Alltrax the only option for upgrading
to a PWM controller?

Thanks,
Mike