Re: (ET) batteries

Yes - I had to add a switch and a relay circuit to prevent this from happening.  I added a 115V 15A fuse to the AC side as well.

From: "Jeremy Gagliardi" <Jeremy Gagliardi com>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 10:47:57 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) batteries

Don't forget what happened to me.

I left the original charge timer wired in _WITH_ a Landis controller.
In such a case, the 2 controllers were incompatible with each other and
the timer kept getting reactivated at the end of its cycle.  This
essentially cooked my batteries for weeks until I noticed "Hey, why does
the hum of the charger always seem to be on, and why is the gas alarm in
my house always going off?"

Another thing to keep in mind is that battery water evaporates just as
easily as it boils off from overcharging.  I remember having to keep
topping off the batteries at least once per month to make sure the
plates weren't exposed.  You can't just plug and forget.  These
batteries require maintenance by you in a way that a charge controller
can never do due to the water requirements.

    Sincerely, Jeremy Gagliardi
        http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com
        mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com