Re: (ET) Power connector for 36 volt external battery

Use an Anderson connector rated for the appropriate amps.  They come in ratings up to 350 amps, though those may be a bit to big - I don't know your space restrictions.

David Brandt

From: CZ Unit <cz alembic crystel com>
To: "elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:17 PM
Subject: (ET) Power connector for 36 volt external battery

So after a winter of heavy snow-blowing I finally drove the tractor to
the shed and disconnected the blower. Pretty big job it did.

I then checked out the rear battery pack, all good, and the NiCD pack in
the external weight box. It's hooked to the tractor via a 30 amp AMP
connector, nice thing. However the wires (4 gauge) going to the
connector had literally incinerated at the end; that would explain the
reduced range on the last snowfall.

Anyway I need something that can allow me to hook up an external battery
pack. What kind of connector did GE use for the external pack, and what
should I be using here? Note that I am running NiCDs, and they can
source a thousand amps which is way more than the T105's can.