(ET) Power connector for 36 volt external battery

So after a winter of heavy snow-blowing I finally drove the tractor to the shed and disconnected the blower. Pretty big job it did.

I then checked out the rear battery pack, all good, and the NiCD pack in the external weight box. It's hooked to the tractor via a 30 amp AMP connector, nice thing. However the wires (4 gauge) going to the connector had literally incinerated at the end; that would explain the reduced range on the last snowfall.

Anyway I need something that can allow me to hook up an external battery pack. What kind of connector did GE use for the external pack, and what should I be using here? Note that I am running NiCDs, and they can source a thousand amps which is way more than the T105's can.