Re: (ET) Cutting the spindles to replace the bearings on the sweeper

Torch off the bolts, then with care do the same to the bearing. Like the way you split exhaust pipes. Done this when replacing froze up bearings on trucks. Cut to almost the axial, then a few swats with a hammer. The bearing cracks then pull it off.
My $0.05 worth.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Jim Coate <lists freerangeelectric com> wrote:
Are you talking about the front mounted sweeper (sweepster)? I think Chris
is talking about the rear mounted lawn sweeper so may not apply to you...