(ET) Cutting the spindles to replace the bearings on the sweeper

So I've got a powered Elec-trak sweeper with bad shaft bearings. It vibrates, and broke the chain master link when I tried to fire it up this weekend. So new bearings are in order.

Hah. In order to remove the bearings you have to remove the wheels (circlips), and the wheel frames. That's the problem: The bolts that hold the spindles and frames to the main frame are shot. I can see where someone tried heat, breakers, etc to get them off to no effect. And you need to take that off to get the clearance to take the shaft out to get to the bearings to replace them. Of course.

So I have two choices: I can either cut off the spindles and get new ones, or I can cut into the slot that the shafts are in through to the outside of the assembly, rotate the bolts and shaft out, and hopefully have enough clearance to get the hub and bearings off. Then I'd have to re-weld the frame once fixed. Or put in a bolted plate so I can do this again in another 40 years.

Question: Are the spindles get-able? And what size bearings does this thing take; Home Despot doesn't have anything like them of course. So all of this has to be ordered online.

Chris