Re: (ET) DIY ET's

On 5 Nov 2013 at 19:55, Robert wrote:

> Does anyone have one of the small ET mower only riders? I was wondering
> how they worked ...

I have an Avco R36.  I haven't used the E15 for mowing since I got it.  I
now use the E15 mainly for hauling tools and other stuff round the
property
in the summer, and for pushing snow round the driveway in the winter.

The only advantage the E15 has for mowing grass is that the deck is easier
to clean.  This little machine turns on a dime and is highly manuverable,
more so IMO than any of the larger tractors.

I usually mow about an acre with energy left over in three group 24 Deka
Dominator gel batteries.  I charge them with offboard automatic chargers;
the stock GE charger would have long since murdered them.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA