Re: (ET) Battery box corrosion

On 7/28/2013 12:45 AM, David Roden wrote:
On 27 Jul 2013 at 23:16, CZ Unit wrote:

Just never put NiCDs in an aluminum box.

Back in the mid 1990s, Saft packaged their STM5-100MR NiCd modules in an
aluminum box for the Pivco Citibees.  However, they had a closed watering
and venting system, so they didn't mess in the box.

All it took was the vapors coming off BB600's to etch into my S10's AL battery box. And that was with venting, two layers of plastic liner, and the AL treated and painted with POR.

Fortunately I caught it before it compromised the box. But it makes mud.