Re: (ET) Gel Batteries

I haven't tried it myself, but using gel batteries in this type of
application seems like a poor idea to me.  Gel batteries are easily
damaged by high currents, and you don't have very good current
regulation if you have an Elec-trak (unless maybe if you have an
Alltrax controller.)  This is especially true if you have a
snowblower.

Meanwhile the great advantage of gel over AGM is the improved cycle
life, but probably in an Elec-trak you'll never cycle your batteries
enough times for this to matter.

So I'd say AGM are better than gel in this case.  (I put AGM in my
Electric Ox.)  The only problem is that you need better charge
regulation then.  Probably individual chargers are the simplest.

                                        Ken