Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:13:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Reo43 aol com
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Battery box corrosion

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:52:34 Andrew Poush wrote:

Thanks for the responses re the brushes. Another question:
 What solution have you guys used for battery box corrosion and how much
did it  cost?

My answer is probably not what you are looking for. My New Idea  is a
working tractor - I have no current plans to restore it. I pour motor oil (used
or not) along all the seams and joints of the battery  compartments. This
seems to have stopped all the corrosion.

I have a complete frame and body I got from a former  Elec-Trak dealer for
a tractor that he never sold - he just kept robbing  parts from it, then
finally stripped it, and I bought what was left. If/when I restore that one I
will use one of the methods that others have  suggested here.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN