Re: (ET) Mower Musings and Fluid Film

Spraying the underside of the deck should be nowhere near the brushes in the motors.
It is lanolin based, as in wool, as in sheep.
A friend of mine has been trying some, our local John Deere place carries it.

On 6/20/13 2:42 PM, Pestka, Dennis J wrote:
I wonder if it has silicone in it ?

Is so, be careful around your motor brushes.

*From:*Rod Hower [mailto:rodhower ameritech net]
*Sent:* Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:40 PM
*To:* Konstanty, Walter (GE Energy Management);
elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
*Subject:* Re: (ET) Mower Musings and Fluid Film

It had pretty good reviews at Amazon (I suppose a few of the reviews are
actually real).

Kind of pricey at $14 for a 11oz spray can, but it looks like people are
using it for just about everything, including battery posts.

I ordered a can just out of curiosity.

Rod

*From:*"Konstanty, Walter (GE Energy Management)" <Walter Konstanty ge com>

A mechanic friend of mine turned me on to "Fluid Film" rust
preventative..... he uses it on cars and it is a "natural" product like
WD-40. It was developed during WWII to protect ship steel from rusting
along with guns, etc.... it's a wax based substance and actually gets
absorbed into the metal. It's also non-conductive and can be used on
electronics. Almost too good to be true but it works.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

--
Jim Coate
Free Range Electric