From: SteveS <Stevesgroups verizon net>
Subject: Re: (ET) E20 Foot Switch Lube
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Date: Saturday, June 8, 2013, 11:36 AM

Here's a bit of an update. There are several factors to the sticking throttle.
- pedal has alot of play (where Chris' hinge idea would help) and it doesn't let other parts move as freely
- spring is probably weak
- the push nut isn't holding well on the top slider. I think this is the main culprit, since when it moves out of place, the whole assembly gets sloppy and the spring force is not entirely directed upwards. If I keep the push nut tight it works much better.

So I'll replace that and see how it goes. Thanks for all of the ideas!

As an aside, Andea dumped a alot of rain on us and washed out my driveway. My gas tractor is being tempermental, so I had to use the ET with the sleeve hitch box blade. It actually did pretty well; just took longer. The box blade needs a couple of cinder bocks on it and really only digs in well if the ground is wet.  My seat switch broke so I bypassed it, but it lets me walk along side the ET as it grades (low low speed) and toss the bigger rocks off to the side. Can't do that with the big tractor. And I don't come in the house smelling of exhaust.

-SteveS