Re: (ET) Wanted, information on installing Lithium cells in my EGT 200

I want to thank everyone that responded to my request for info on using
Lithium in my EGT 200.

I installed 12- 40ah CALB cells in my 36 volt golf cart last week. They
appear to work very well. The cart is not used for golf, just to travel
between our house and my shop on a different lot in our development. The
battery voltage after charging is 40 volts so the cart is faster than it
was
with the lead acid and hundreds of pounds lighter. I am not using a BMS. My
charger is programmed to turn off at 43.2 volts. I have temporally
installed
a fuel gauge from an EGT 200 to monitor the voltage. I have recalibrated
the
fuel gauge so that it goes into the red at about 32 volts.

Today I temporally installed the 12 cells in my EGT 200 as a test. I was
able to mow for 45 minutes before the battery voltage got too low, to about
32 volts. The 40ah cells would be ok if you only need to mow for that time.
It had good speed and power.
I think that two sets of 40ah would be sufficient for most needs. I use my
EGT for moving about 99.9 % of the time. I use the tiller once a year for
about 15 minutes and occasional re-grade the gravel in my drive.

Barry Elkin

www.electricgvan.com
www.fredericktown.com/chriscraft/restored
www.electriccorvair.com