(ET) Leaf Collectors

Nope, I found one too, needs to be restored though.

Rob

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 11:47:50 +0000 (UTC)
From: steven1955 comcast net
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Leaf Collection
comcast net>

< cz alembic crystel com > wrote:

The one thing the E15/20 can't do is pick up leaves, the bagger attachment
on the Craftsman cannot be beat.

<medievalist gmail com > wrote:

I think the answer to serious leaf collection in Elec-Trak land might
be the "E-Z Vac Electric Lawn Vacuum" or equivalent. But as far as I
know, only Geo actually has one!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/steven1955/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector/Tractorright.jpg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
I am low tech. I pull a lawn sweeper (with wheel driven brush) behind my ET when mowing. Rear discharge mower leaves clippings behind, sweeper picks them up. Does a fair job on leaves and needles, but if the leaf layer is too deep you have to empty every few feet. I use a blower to move the worst of the leaf litter, then mow and sweep the remainder.

The one thing the E15/20 can't do is pick up leaves, the bagger attachment
on the Craftsman cannot be beat.

<medievalist gmail com> wrote:

I think the answer to serious leaf collection in Elec-Trak land might
be the "E-Z Vac Electric Lawn Vacuum" or equivalent.  But as far as I
know, only Geo actually has one!

--Charlie

No, the Craftsman can be beat. And Geo is not the only one that has one of the Elec-Trak E-Z Vac attachments.

I have one of the E-Z vac attachments, but found my version that is like a bagger mounted on the back of the tractor was too small for the volume of leaves I had to deal with. So I used the blower and a trailer and came up with this rig:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/steven1955/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector/Tractorright.jpg

The entire album can be seen here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/steven1955/library/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector?sort=4 <http://smg.photobucket.com/user/steven1955/library/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector?sort=4&page=1> &page=1

Crude looking because I slapped it together to use as soon as I could. I never "improved" the installation because it worked and I had other things to do.

Steve Naugler

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/steven1955/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector/Tractorright.jpg