Re: (ET) Leaf Collection

I am low tech.  I pull a lawn sweeper (with wheel driven brush) behind my ET when mowing.  Rear discharge mower leaves clippings behind, sweeper picks them up.  Does a fair job on leaves and needles, but if the leaf layer is too deep you have to empty every few feet.  I use a blower to move the worst of the leaf litter, then mow and sweep the remainder.

From: steven1955 comcast net [mailto:steven1955 comcast net]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:48 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Leaf Collection

<medievalist gmail com> wrote:

>I think the answer to serious leaf collection in Elec-Trak land might
>be the "E-Z Vac Electric Lawn Vacuum" or equivalent.  But as far as I
>know, only Geo actually has one!
>
>--Charlie

No, the Craftsman can be beat.  And Geo is not the only one that has one of the Elec-Trak E-Z Vac attachments.

I have one of the E-Z vac attachments, but found my version that is like a bagger mounted on the back of the tractor was too small for the volume of leaves I had to deal with.  So I used the blower and a trailer and came up with this rig:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/steven1955/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector/Tractorright.jpg

The entire album can be seen here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/steven1955/library/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector?sort=4&page=1

Crude looking because I slapped it together to use as soon as I could.  I never "improved" the installation because it worked and I had other things to do.

Steve Naugler

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/steven1955/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector/Tractorright.jpg