(ET) E20 Foot Switch Lube

Every now and then my E20 foot switch sticks just enough so it doesn't come all the way back up. This makes it so it will not run again after changing direction or depressing the brake unless I manually pull the slider back up (pulling up on the foot pedal usually does not do it). I've cleaned it and tried various lubes on it (forget what I tried last time), but evidently I don't have it set up right. It's like the spring isn't strong enough, but I suspect it is really misalignment or an error in lubrication (too much, too little, wrong type).

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

SteveS