From: Clean Power Supply [mailto:cleanpower att net]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 10:39 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Trouble with my C-185

 Larry has it pretty well laid out here.
 Just to clarify: The black phenolic contactors were never used for
armature reversing. They are 1A and 2A functions.
 Dennis,
 Let's do an unscientific experiment. Turn master on, turn key on, sit on
seat, put toggle switch in forward, depress pedal. Smack each lower
contactor smartly with the handle of a screwdriver. If the motor runs you
have a faulty contactor.
 BTW,
 In your C-185 the 4 open devices on the upper control panel are called
relays, the 2 black phenolic devices on the lower control panel are 1A
contactor and 2A contactor. The one in the middle is the PTO contactor ,
the lower left 6-terminal steel is the F contactor and the lower right one
is the R contactor.
 Let us know what you find.
 Sincerely,
 Harold Z.