Re: (ET) Alltrax, key switch, and charge/run switch

On 18 Feb 2013 at 15:07, Steve Gaarder wrote:

> The schematic you sent shows pins 9 and 10 connected to the power source
> (through a 1 ohm resistor & diode) before the key switch; it matches
> mine in
> this respect.  I'm only speculating that this is done to preserve the
> anti-roll ...

The DCX-ET manual I have says that pin 9 is the roll-detect logic power,
and
pin 10 is the precharge input.

So, if you connect as shown in the diagramn, B+ goes to these 2 pins
through
a 1 ohm resistor (and a diode for pin 10).  I guess the controller is
indeed
energized any time the main disconnect is closed.

The precharge keeps the controller caps charged.  This is the way Curtis
recommends connecting their controllers, too - with a precharge resistor
across the main contactor.  It prevents a large surge when powering up.
This
is better for the contactor and easier on the controller's caps.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA