Re: (ET) AGM

I didn't read the article but I do know about batteries. AGM have to follow a specific charging algorithm. If you charge them over their max rate the one way valve can open from the heat developed to relieve the pressure and the battery is toast.
Rob

The page on lead battery charging says " Lead acid is sluggish and cannot
be
charged as quickly as other battery systems."  I'm not an electrochemist,
but I don't see how they can say that.  As long as you monitor its
temperature, an AGM lead battery can be charged about as fast as it can be
discharged, as long as you're below 80% SOC.  We're talking thousands of
amps.  I certainly wouldn't call that "sluggish."